Bihari KebabFatima May 15, 2020 1079 Views 8 Likes! You've already liked this!
Bihari kebab is one of Pakistan’s most loved bbq items. Theses kebabs are originally from the Bihar state in India and were brought to Pakistan after the partition. Succulent pieces of tender beef strips are marinated in a special spice blend and grilled on charcoal until they melt in your mouth. They are served with an onion, tomato and cucumber salad, special bbq chutney and puri parathas. The recipe for the Puri Paratha is also on the blog.
Please ask your butcher to give you boneless beef slices and cut them into strips. Marination time is key. Ready made papaya paste is available in all Pakistani Indian grocery stores or you can make your own at home.
Succulent pieces of boneless beef strips marinated in a special spice blend.
- 2 1⁄2 Lbs Boneless beef strips
- 2 Tbsp Fresh ginger garlic paste
- 2 Tbsp Papaya paste
- 1 Tbsp Green chili paste
- 3 Tbsp Ghee
- 4 Tbsp Shan Bihari Kebab Masala
- 2 Tbsp Paprika
- 1⁄2 Tsp Turmeric
- 2 Tbsp Roasted cumin coriander powder
- 2 Tsp Garam masala
- 1⁄2 Tbsp Toasted white poppy seed powder
- 3 Tbsp Roasted gram flour
- 2 Tbsp Lemon juice
- Ginger for garnish
- Cilantro for garnish
- Lemon wedges
- Marinate the boneless beef strips with all the spices, ginger garlic, chili paste lemon juice, ghee, roasted gram flour and papaya paste for 6 hours at least.
- Thread them onto skewers when ready to grill.
- Grill on charcoal for 8 to 10 minutes per side.
- Remove them, garnish with ginger, cilantro and lemon wedges. Serve along salad, chutney and Parathas. Enjoy!!