Pancakes with Fresh FruitsFatima April 27, 2020 1003 Views 10 Likes! You've already liked this!
Who doesn’t love pancakes, they are America’s favorite breakfast!! Also, did you know Pancakes are not just popular in America? They are famous all over the world with minor variations and experts have dated back the first pancake to about 30,000 years. They say it was made with wheat flour, olive oil, honey and curdled milk.
Pancakes have now evolved and are available in the most simplest form or as the most elaborate creations. I am presenting you with a recipe that will never fail you and can be modified easily to turn your basic pancakes into the most extravagant creations.
My girls like any other American kids love pancakes and often ask for variety and different toppings. The solutions was to come up with 1 recipe which could be modified to satisfy all 3 children without having to do extra work.
- This recipe can easily be turned into blueberry pancakes, simply by adding blueberries.
- If you add chocolate chips to the batter, you’ll have chocolate chip pancakes.
- Also, by simply adding 1/2 a cup of toffee bits, 1/8 tsp each of cinnamon and nutmeg powder and finally topping it with sliced bananas you can have delicious and gourmet banoffie pancakes!
- Another favorite variation of mine is to add 2 tbsp coco powder and 3 tsp of red food color and you can have the outrageous red velvet pancakes.
- Simply add 3 tbsp of coco powder and you can have delicious chocolate pancakes.
- Freeze 1/2 inch discs of Nutella, and add them to the pancake while its cooking, top it with a little more batter to cover the Nutella before flipping the pancake and you have yourself a delicious Nutella stuffed pancake.
I am telling you this recipe is a no brainer with simple ingredients available at home and always a winner!! Try it for yourself and let me know which variation is your favorite. I personally love the original pancake topped with fresh berries and Nutella drizzle.
Please don’t forget to like, comment and share this recipe with family and friends.
Pancakes with Fresh Fruits
Pancakes with Fresh Fruits
- 1 1⁄4 Cups APS Flour
- 1 1⁄2 Tbsp Sugar
- 1⁄2 Tsp Baking Powder
- 1⁄4 Tsp Baking Soda
- 1⁄4 Tsp Salt
- 2 Eggs
- 1 Cup Buttermilk
- 4 Tbsp Melted Butter Plus extra for the griddle.
- 3/4 Tsp Vanilla extract
- In a bowl first sift all the dry ingredients.
- In a seperate bowl combine all the wet ingredients.
- Slowly incorporate the dry ingredients with the wet ingredients insuring there are no lumps.
- Heat a griddle on a medium high. It is very important that the pan is evenly heated for the pancakes to cook evenly.
- Add a small pat of butter to the hot griddle, add a scoop of batter on to the griddle, cook two pancakes at a time to avoid the temperature on the griddle from dropping.
- When you start seeing bubbles on the top (should take around a minute or two), its indication to flip the pancakes. Once you flip the pancakes they’ll take less then a minute to finish cooking.
- Remove from the griddle. Garnish with your favorite toppings and serve warm!