Puri ParathaFatima May 15, 2020 2842 Views 7 Likes! You've already liked this!
Puri paratha is a hand rolled flat bread which is deep fried into a flakey soft bread typically eaten with special Pakistani breakfast items or traditional Pakistani bbq. It is quiet heavy since it deep fried in oil but its delicious. It is also thoroughly enjoyed with chai (tea) in many homes.
Hand rolled deep fried flat bread.
- 1 1⁄2 Cup All purpose flour
- 1⁄4 Tsp Salt
- 2 1⁄2 Tbsp Ghee
- 1⁄2 Cup Warm water
- Oil for deep frying
- In a bowl combine flour, salt and ghee. Mix well with your hands until the ghee is no longer separated from the flour.
- By slowly adding a little warm water at a time, knead the dough until it comes together. You dough should be soft yet firm.
- You should be able to indent it with your finger but the indentation should bounce back. At this point take a tsp of oil and massage the dough with oil.
- It is a very crucial step to cover and let the dough rest for 1 hour. The gluten in the flour needs time to activate.
- When you are ready, divide the dough in 6 equal parts and roll it out into 1/2 inch thickness.
- Deep fry at high but not smoking oil. The paratha barely takes a minute and half to cook on both side. The trick is to keep turning the paratha with the back of your spoon so it cooks evenly.
- Remove and strain on a wire rack. Serve hot with you favorite meal!