Steak TacosFatima May 21, 2020 1029 Views 5 Likes! You've already liked this!
Tacos need no introduction. It’s a traditional mexican dish which consists of a small hand sized corn or flour tortilla. Which is then filled with your choice of protein and toppings. Popular toppings are cheese, lettuce, tomato, onions, jalapeños and cilantro. It is served along side salsa, sour cream, traditional rice and beans. Avocado or guacamole are optional. Choice of protein are steak, ground beef, chicken, fish and shrimp. You can also skip the meat and just have vegetarian tacos if you like.
Use my Home made taco seasoning to marinate your choice of protein.
Tacos are small hand sized corn and flour tortillas filled with your choice of protein and toppings.
- 1 Lb Skirt steak May substitute
- 2 Tbsp Home made taco seasoning In the description above
- 1 Tbsp Wostershire sauce
- Onions for topping
- Jalapeño for topping
- Tomato for topping
- Cotija cheese for topping May substitute
- Avocado for topping
- Lime wedges
- Sour cream
- Corn or flour tortillas
- 2 Tbsp Oil
- Cilantro for garnish
- 1⁄2 Tsp Salt
- Marinate the steak with house blend taco seasoning, salt and wostershire sauce for 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile prepare the toppings. Dice the onions and tomatoes and slice the jalapeño. Slice or smash the avocado. Crumble the cotija cheese. Place the toppings in a bowl or on a plate. Toast the tortillas on each side lightly.
- Heat a cast iron skillet with 2 tbsp of oil. To this add the steak but do not move. The steak will cook for 2 to 3 minutes per side depending on the thickness. This amount of time is perfect for a medium cooked steak.
- Remove the steak and place it in a foil. Cover and let it rest for 5 minutes until the steak absorbs back the juices.
- Slice the steak against the grain and serve hot!! Enjoy!!