Chicken Malai BotiFatima July 22, 2020 2585 Views 8 Likes! You've already liked this!
Malai is an Urdu word which means cream, and boti means chunks of boneless meat of any kind. Malai boti literally means creamy meat, and that’s exactly what this dish is. It’s creamy chunks of boneless chicken charred grilled to perfection.
This is a very popular corner street joint bbq specialty in Pakistan. Now those of you who are familiar with the Pakistani cuisine know that it’s known for its bold power packed flavors and spices, however, this dish right here is not made with a lot of ingredients or spices. Surprisingly malai boti is seasoned with minimal spices and aromatics but the end result is mind blowing!! This goes to show that sometimes less is more!
Like all Pakistani dishes you’ll find hundreds of recipes and versions of many popular dishes and this dish here is not an exception. My malai boti version is simple yet impactful on your palate. It’s best paired with the famous puri paratha, some finely sliced onion, yogurt raita, and tamarind Chutney or it can be turned into a delicious garlic mayo roll wrapped inside the puri paratha itself. For those who are more health conscious can enjoy this creamy deliciousness alongside naan. Trust me, you won’t regret it!!
The spice level in this dish can be modified according to your preference by adjusting the amount of thai chili peppers, and the longer it marinates the better. For the most succulent result I like to mix both dark and white meat chicken but you can use one or the other. A lot people prefer to add yogurt during the marination, which is also an option if you prefer.
Now there’s nothing better than cooking it on the good old charcoal grill but gas grill works too, and during the cold months you can bake the skewers in the oven and finish it off under the broiler for a nice char or, do it on a stove top grill if you prefer that. I personally used the stove top grill in my preparation.
Recipe for poori paratha and bbq chutney are on the blog as well!!
Please don’t forget to like, comment, share and subscribe. I hope you guys give this recipe a try and share your feedback!
Chicken Malai Boti
Boneless chicken chunks marinated in cream and spices.
Chicken Malai Boti
- 1 Lb Boneless skinless chicken thigh Cubes
- 1 Tbsp Ginger garlic paste
- 1 1⁄2 Tbsp Green chili paste
- 1 Lime/lemon juice
- 1 Tsp White pepper powder
- 2 Tbsp Papaya paste
- 1⁄4 Cup Heavy cream
- 3 Tbsp Melted ghee
- Salt to taste
- In a bowl marinate chicken with ginger, garlic, chili paste, lime/lemon juice, salt and white pepper for 1 hour.
- When you are ready to grill, add melted ghee and room temp heavy cream to the chicken and thread onto the skewers.
- Grill the chicken for 5-7 mins on each side depending on how big your chicken cubes are.
- For indoor, pre heat the oven at 375 and bake for 10 mins on each side and finish under the broiler for a few minutes.
- You may also cook on a pan for 8-10 mins and add coal smoke at the end.