Do you have a favorite dessert? Or a go to Dessert? Or something your family members and friends ask you to make everytime for a potluck? Well, this #chocolatepuddingtrifle checks all the boxes above. It’s my favorite because i can whip it up in minutes, it looks pretty, it tastes amazing and its always a winner at parties!! This dessert can be modified to your preference, you can use instant ingredients which i almost always use or you can make it from scratch, but one thing you will never experience is disappointment!!
Please don’t forget to like, comment and share this recipe with family and friends. Please don’t forget to follow me on my instagram https://www.instagram.com/flavoredbyfatima/ and please subscribe to my youtube channel for more delicious recipes https://www.youtube.com/user/fmaniya
6 hours and 30 minutes
Chocolate Pudding TrifleCourse: DessertCuisine: AmericanDifficulty: Easy
Keywords: Chocolate pudding ,pudding trifle ,chocolate creme trifle ,trifle pudding ,chocolate custard
1 1⁄2 Large pkg Instant Jello-O Chocolate pudding 5.9 oz (any chocolate pudding)
4 1⁄2 Cups Milk
1 1⁄2 Tub Cool whip topping 8 oz
1⁄2 Cup Thick table cream Nestle or Milkpak
1 Pkg Pound cake
1 Cup Sugar
1⁄2 Cup Pecan (may substitute)
Dark chocolate shavings for garnish
- In a skillet heat 1/2 cup sugar until it starts to caramelize. When the sugar starts to look more like caramel, to this add 1/2 cup pecans, coat evenly. Turn off the heat and transfer it on a silicon mat.
- Once the burnt sugar brittle is set, break it and your crunch topping is ready.
- In a bowl whisk the instant pudding with 4 cups of milk.
- Divide the pudding into half. Mix 1/2 cup table cream to 1 half of the pudding. You now have 2 shades of chocolate pudding.
- Layer the trifle bowl with the pound cake at the bottom, add dark chocolate color pudding, then whip topping. Now add another layer of cake, light color chocolate pudding and then another layer of whip topping. Repeat the process.
- Garnish the final layer of whip topping with pecan brittle crunch and dark chocolate shavings.
- Chill before serving!!
- If instant chocolate pudding is not available in your country please use any available chocolate pudding.
- Use any thick cream available in your country.
- Use walnuts or almonds instead of pecans.