Lotus Biscoff Cookie Butter CheesecakeCourse: DessertCuisine: American
3 blocks 8 oz Cream cheese (room temp)
3⁄4 cup Heavy Cream
3 tbsp Sour Cream
3⁄4 cup Sugar
2 Eggs (room temp)
1⁄2 cup Biscoff cookie butter spread
1 tbsp Vanilla extract
1⁄2 tsp Salt
1⁄4 cup Crushed Biscoff Cookies (for garnish)
1⁄4 cup Melted Biscoff spread ( for garnish)
1 cup Lotus Biscoff cookies (crushed)
1⁄2 cup Digestive Biscuits (crushed)
4 tbsp Butter (room temp)
1⁄8 tsp Salt
1⁄4 tsp Cinnamon powder
1⁄4 tsp Nutmeg powder
- In a stand mixer, beat the room temperature cream cheese for around 2 to 3 mins until smooth. To this add sugar , salt, vanilla extract and sour cream. Mix for another minute or two until well combined.
- Add 1 egg at a time and mix until combined, scrape the sides if you need to.
- Now add the heavy cream and mix for another minute or two.
- Add the biscoff cookie butter and mix one last time on a low setting for 30 seconds until you have a light, creamy and velvety cheesecake batter. Do not overmix or the heavy cream will seperate.
- Wrap the outside of the springform pan with foil once it’s cool to handle.
- Transfer the cheesecake batter to the springform pan and gently tap the pan a couple of times to release any air bubbles and transfer the springform pan to a large roasting pan.
- Boil 4 cups of water and add the water in the roasting pan gently so as to not get any water in the batter. This is a very important step, it will prevent the cheesecake from cracking. The water bath adds moisture to the oven.
- Carefully Slide the roasting pan in the oven and bake at 325 for 1 hour. After 1 hour turn off the oven and leave the oven door open and let the cheesecake come to room temperature for 1 hour in the oven.
- Once the cheesecake has come to room temperature, remove the foil and put it in the refrigerator to chill and set for at least 6 hours or over night.
- When ready to serve, carefully run a clean butter knife around the edges to release the cheesecake if it hasn’t already, remove the springform and slide the cheesecake on a serving dish.
- Garnish with crushed lotus biscoff cookies and melted cookie butter.
- Cut into slices and enjoy!!
- Preheat the oven at 350 degrees.
- In a food processor grind the lotus biscoff cookie crumb along with digestive biscuit (or graham cracker crumbs), softened butter, cinnamon powder, nutmeg powder and salt.
- Add the cookie crumbs to the bottom of a 9 inch springform pan and press down with a back of a flat measuring cup to even out.
- Bake the cookie crumble for 10 mins at 350 degrees. After 10 mins remove from the oven and let it cool.
- Bring down the oven temperature to 325.