Pizza needs no introduction. It’s been around forever and its popularity has not changed a slight bit. There are many versions of it from hand tossed to thin crust to deep dish to now the very popular cauliflower crust. Every generation has tweaked this classic dish to fit the needs of their time or enhanced it further.
Here I am sharing tips and tricks to fit the needs of a home cook utilizing the tools and resources available at home to achieve the resturant quality pizza at home. Pizza is mostly about that perfect crust but there is so much more to it than just the dough. It’s about the quality of ingredients you use, the cheese, the sauce and most importantly the technique you use to make your pizza.
Please don’t forget to watch the video for detailed explanation, like, comment and share with family and friends. Check out the links to my social media portals, subscribe to my youtube channel and blog. Also, please follow me on instagram to keep up with latest content and live cooking sessions.
3 cup All purpose flour
2 Tsp Instant yeast
1 Tbs Sugar
1 Tsp Salt
3 Tsp Olive oil
1 cup Warm water
- In a cup dissolve 2 tsp yeast, 1 tbs sugar and 3 tbs warm water, cover and set aside for 5 minutes until the yeast has proofed.
- In a mixer, add flour and salt to taste. Make a well in the middle of the flour, add the proofed yeast and run the mixer on low setting. Now slowly start adding water until the dough has formed. The dough should have left the sides but still sticky on the bottom.
- Take out the dough on a floured work surface, and knead until smooth. Now massage the surface of the dough with oil, put it in a bowl and let it rise for two hours in a warm place.
- Your dough should have doubled in size by now and ready to use.
- A detailed pizza making video has been uploaded for tips and tricks to achieve resturant quality pizza at home.