Creme Caramel or egg custard is a baked custard dessert with a layer of caramel sauce. It is believed that this dessert originated in Spain, Italy, France and Portugal. Sometimes creme caramel is also confused with flan which is similar but it has a base of sponge base and might have a sweet or savory filling with baked custard.
This beautiful dessert is perfect for people who enjoy hosting often because it can be made ahead, it’s easy and always a crowd pleaser. With just 6 ingredients this dessert with be ready in less then 1 hour with 10 mins of prep work.
A detailed recipe video is on my youtube, please don’t forget to subscribe to my youtube Channel https://www.youtube.com/c/FlavoredByFatima and don’t forget to follow me on Instagram https://www.instagram.com/flavoredbyfatima/
6 hrs 55 mins
Easy Creme Caramel CustardCourse: Dessert
5 Medium Eggs
1 Cup Heavy cream
1 Can Evaporated milk
1 Can Condensed milk
1 Tsp Vanilla extract
1 Cup Sugar
- In a bowl add 1 can evaporated milk, 5 eggs, 1 can condensed milk and 1 tsp vanilla extract.
- Mix together and add the custard to a blender. Pulse it on high a few times until nice a smooth. At this point add 1 cup heavy cream and pulse on high only once.
- Now strain the custard thru a mesh strainer into another bowl. This process will eliminate any egg bits that didn’t combine in the custard and you will have a smooth custard after baking. Set aside.
- Heat a skillet on high, to this add 1 cup sugar and caramelize until it turns dark amber color.
- Now carefully add the caramel to the bottom of a baking pan and swirl around to coat the base evenly.
- Once the sugar has cooled down and set, slowly pour the custard on top. Tap a few times to ensure there are no air bubbles.
- Bake the custard at 300 F degree for 40 mins or until the center is set to touch in the center. Remove from the oven and let it cool. Refrigerate for atleast 6 hours or overnight before serving.