The famous zinger burger is a crispy fried chicken sandwich from the well known fast food chain Kfc. It’s really popular in Pakistan and has been recreated by many! I take inspiration from the popular American southern fried chicken with buttermilk to create this beautiful, succulent, tender chicken sandwich.
I hope you enjoy this recipe. Please don’t forget to like, comment and share with family and friends! Please follow me on my instagram https://www.instagram.com/flavoredbyfatima/ and subscribe to my youtube channel https://www.instagram.com/flavoredbyfatima/
Zinger BurgerCourse: SandwichesCuisine: AmericanDifficulty: Main
1 Lb Boneless chicken thigh fillets
2 Tsp Cayenne pepper powder
1 Tsp White pepper
1 Tbsp Paprika
1 Tbsp Wostershire sauce
1 Tsp Salt
1 Cup Buttermilk
1 1⁄2 Cups All purpose flour
1⁄2 Cup Lettuce
4 Slices American cheese
Mayonnaise as needed
Oil for deep frying
1⁄2 Cup All purpose flour
4 Tbsp Rice flour
3⁄4 Cup Chilled milk
1⁄2 Tsp Salt
1⁄2 Tsp White pepper
- With help of a mallet, flatten the chicken thigh fillets until they are of even thickness.
- Marinate the chicken with salt, white pepper, cayenne, paprika and wostershire sauce.
- To this add the buttermilk and marinate over night or for 2 hours.
- Make a batter with 1/2 cup all purpose flour, 4 tbsp rice flour, 3/4 cup milk, 1 egg, 1/2 tsp salt and 1/2 tsp white pepper. If your batter is too thick add a little water water at a time until the batter is not too thick or too thin.
- Make an assembly line with chicken, batter and the flour. Season the flour with a little salt and pepper.
- Make sure your chicken is at room temperature before coating. Begin with coating the chicken fillet with the flour, then the batter, then dredge it in the flour one more time, rolling it quickly to form a thick coating around it.
- Once you have coated the chicken, flash freeze for 10 mins before frying. Freezing the coating allows it to stick to the chicken.
- Heat the oil for frying the chicken fillets. Start by adding the chicken in medium hot oil. After 3-4 minutes flip the chicken. Cook the chicken for another 4 minutes on the other side.
- Slowly increase the temperature of the oil in the last 2 minutes to get a crispy coating. Remove the chicken on a wire rack and let it rest for a few minutes.
- Add a slice of cheese on the hot chicken fillet. The heat from the chicken with soften the cheese.
- Lightly toast the buns on both sides. Layer with lettuce, mayo and top it with the chicken fillet. You may add sweet chili sauce if you prefer.
- Serve with a side of fries!!