Beef Chili is a traditional Chinese recipe, made with thinly sliced beef slices stir fried on high heat, cooked with aromatics, veggies of choice, fresh and dried chili peppers and doused in a delicious soy sauce based sauce. It’s one of my dad’s favorite dishes and usually served on a sizzling platter back home in Pakistan. No celebration was ever complete without a dinner at a fancy Chinese restaurant and Beef with Chilies on a sizzling platter was always a spectacle!
To make this dish you can use any lean cut of meat, for instance ribeye steak works well, even flank steak cut against the grain works really well!! If you can’t find siracha sauce, you can substitue with red chili powder.
Serving suggestions: This item goes great with fried rice, steamed white rice or lo mein noodles tossed into the work directly with the beef chili itself.
I hope you enjoy this recipe, please don’t forget to share with family and friends. Follow me on instagram and subscribe to my youtube channel. I will attach a link to an igtv video for this dish as well! https://www.instagram.com/tv/CEcTQlQpXlM/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link
Pakistani Style Beef ChiliCourse: MainCuisine: Asian
1 lb Beef Steak Sliced
1⁄2 tsp White pepper powder
1⁄4 tsp Baking Soda
1⁄4 tsp Salt
2 1⁄2 tsp Corn Starch
2 tbsp Chopped ginger
6-8 count Fresh green chili
6-8 count Dried red chili
1 small Onion (thick slices)
1⁄2 Bell pepper sliced
Green onion for garnish
3 tbsp Oil
1⁄4 cup Soy sauce
1 tbsp Siracha (substitute with 1 tsp red chili powder)
2 tbsp Brown Sugar
2 tbsp Vinegar
2 tbsp Oyster sauce
- Marinate beef slices with salt, white pepper, baking soda and 2 tsp corn starch for 1/2 an hr.
- In a wok heat oil, to this add the beef and stir fry on high heat until no longer pink. Now add the ginger, green chili and dried red chili and stir fry until fragrant, around 30 seconds.
- Add the sliced onion and stir fry for 30 seconds, add the bell peppers and stir fry for 30 seconds.
- Add the sauce and mix well. Now add corn starch slurry made with 1/2 tsp corn starch and 3 tbsp water.
- Mix well and when the sauce thickens around 20 seconds, add the green onion. Toss well and turn off the heat.
- Serve hot with a side of steamed white rice or noodles.
- Combine all the ingredients to make a sauce, set aside!