Southwest Fajita Steak BowlCourse: MainCuisine: Mexican
Southwest Fajita Steak Bowl
1 lb Flank Steak
4 tbsp House blend Taco Seasoning (recipe on the blog)
2 tsp Salt (plus more)
2 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
1 cup Cooked white rice (days old is fine)
1 tsp lime zest
2 tsp Lime juice
1 tbsp Butter
1 tbsp Cilantro Chopped
1⁄8 tsp Sugar
1 small Onion sliced
1⁄4 Green bell pepper sliced
1⁄4 Red bell pepper sliced
1⁄2 cup Sweet Corn
1⁄2 cup Black Beans (may substitute)
1⁄4 Orange bell pepper sliced
1⁄4 cup Queso cheese
1 Avocado sliced
1⁄4 cup Tomato diced
1⁄2 cup Lettuce
1⁄4 cup Green onion sliced
1⁄4 cup Olives (optional)
1 small Jalapeno sliced
1 Lime quartered
Cilantro for garnish
Oil as needed
- Put room temperature flank steak in a ziplock bag and marinate for 30 mins with salt, house blend taco seasoning and worcestershire sauce (It’s important the steak is on room temperature).
- In a bowl heat up leftover white rice, add lemon zest, lemon juice, butter and cilantro. Mix well and set aside.
- In a skillet heat up 1 tbsp oil, to this add onions. Season with a pinch of salt and 1/8 tsp of sugar and cook until they become slightly soft. Add the tri colored bell peppers and saute for another 3 mins. When the bell peppers are soft, remove in a bowl and set aside.
- In the same skillet heat 1 tsp oil, add the sweet corn, season with 1/4 tsp taco seasoning and a pinch of salt. Mix well and remove from the heat after a minute.
- Heat 1 tsp oil in the same skillet, add the black beans, season with 1/4 tsp taco seasoning and a pinch of salt. Mix well and remove from the heat after a minute.
- Remove the steak from the ziplock and with a paper towel wipe off any excess spices from the steak. Heat 2 tbsp oil in the same skillet and add the flank steak. Do not move it around for 4 to 6 minutes (depending on your desired cook on the steak)
- After 4 to 6 minutes flip the steak and cook for another 4 to 6 minutes. Remove from the heat and let it rest. I cooked the steak for around 5 minutes on each side.
- Prepare the rest of the toppings for assembly.
- After the steak has rested for 3-4 minutes, slice it against the grain.
- In a bowl add the cilantro lime rice, then the corn and the beans, add the onions and the peppers, sliced steak and garnish with the toppings of choice.