Green ChutneyFatima September 11, 2020 544 Views 2 Likes! You've already liked this!
This green chutney is one of the most versatile and common chutneys in the south asian cuisine. It's made with a blend of the cilantro, mint and green chilies and can be used in many different preparations. By simply adding yogurt to this chutney, it can be turned into a raita ( yogurt sauce) and can also be used as a marinade!
It's best not to make big batches of this chutney because the mint in this recipe tends to oxidize and go dark after a while but it can be frozen into cubes and can be used as needed. It's best served with your favorite savory snacks and used as a topping in many other applications. I hope you enjoy this recipe. Please don't forget to share with family and friends and leave a comment in the comments below!
Follow me on my instagram and subscribe to my youtube channel!
Cilantro, mint chutney to accompany fried savory snacks!
- 1 cup Packed cilantro
- 1⁄4 cup Mint leaves
- 1 count Green chili (adjust according to taste)
- 1⁄4 tsp Crushed garlic
- 2 tsp Roasted cumin and coriander powder
- 1 tbsp Lemon juice
- 1⁄4 tsp Salt
- 2 tbsp Water
- In a blender combine all the ingredients and blend until smooth.
- Remove and add it to a glass container or plastic airtight container.
- Consume within a couple of days or freeze in an ice cube tray for future use!
- Enjoy with your favorite snacks or use in other recipes as instructed!!