Chicago is famous for its deep dish pizza. A pan with high edges is used to make this pizza and it’s stuffed with cheese and toppings of choice then sealed with another layer of dough and baked. The sauce goes on top along with Parmesan cheese, sometimes crushed garlic, Italian seasoning and baked again until nice and golden all around. The end result is stretchy cheese that is a spectacle!! I hope you enjoy this recipe and try making this pizza at home for your family and friends. A detailed youtube video is also attached below!!
Here’s a link for my homemade pizza dough which is perfect for making this pizza https://flavoredbyfatima.com/recipe/pizza there is also a youtube link for the pizza dough recipe and tips and tricks to achieve resturant quality pizza at home.
Please don’t forget to subscribe to my youtube channel https://www.youtube.com/user/fmaniya and follow me on my instagram https://www.instagram.com/flavoredbyfatima/ for more recipes and everyday inspiration. Please don’t forget to like, comment and share this recipe with family and friends.
Chicago Style Deep Dish PizzaCourse: Main CourseCuisine: Italian-American
1 1⁄2 Lbs Pizza Dough recipe in the description above
1 3⁄4 Cup Fresh mozzarella cheese Shredded
1 Cup Boiled chopped spinach Make sure to squeeze out the water
1⁄2 Cup Mushrooms Sliced
Parmesan cheese For garnish
Italian seasoning For garnish
1⁄4 Cup Marinara sauce
All purpose flour
- Divide the pizza dough in 3/4 and 1/4 potions. For the base of the pizza you will need the bigger portion. Spread it out and line the baking pan with the pizza dough. Watch the video for detailed instructions.
- Add 1/4 cup cheese at the base, then layer with spinach and mushrooms. Now add another 1 and 1/2 cups of cheese and pack it down.
- Roll out the remaining portion of dough and seal the top by sticking the top and the bottom layers together. Make a slit in the middle of the dough and press out the air.
- Bake at 400 F for 15 mins in a pre heated oven.
- Remove after 15 mins and then add the pizza sauce, sprinkle Parmesan cheese and Italian seasoning.
- Bake again for 15 mins until the pizza edges are golden.
- Rest for a few minutes before cutting and enjoy hot!!