Easy Homemade LasagnaCourse: Main courseCuisine: Italian
Delicious homemade meat sauce lasagna with 3 cheese and vegetables.
1 Jar Marinara Sauce
3 tbsp Tomato paste
1 lb ground beef
2 cloves of garlic minced
1 medium onion chopped
Salt to taste
1/2 tsp black pepper
1/2 tsp crushed red pepper
1 tsp italian seasoning
1/2 tsp paprika powder
1 bay leaf
1 small cinnamon stick
1 cup water
4 tbsp olive oil
1 tbsp worcestershire sauce
12 sheets lasagna Noodle
1 large bell pepper diced
1 large onion diced
1 cup mushrooms sliced
1 cup fresh spinach chopped (optional)
3 cups shredded mozzarella
1 cup ricotta cheese (optional)
1 cup Parmesan cheese (optional)
1/4 cup water
Italian seasoning for garnish
- In a sauce pan heat oil, to this add onion and garlic and sauté for a minute on medium heat. Now add the ground beef and brown the meat for a couple of minutes.
- Season the meat with salt, pepper, crushed pepper, worcestershire sauce, paprika, bay leaf , cinnamon stick and italian seasoning, mix well!
- Now add the tomato paste and the entire jar of marinate sauce to the meat mixture and mix well.
- Add a cup of water, mix and simmer on low for 15 minutes. Turn off the heat, remove the bay leaf and the cinnamon stick and the sauce is ready.
- Finely dice the onion and the bell pepper. Chop the spinach and slices the mushrooms, keep aside.
- In the bottom of a baking tray add a ladle full of sauce, layer it with uncooked lasagna sheets, add more sauce, now sprinkle onion, bell pepper, spinach and mushrooms, now sprinkle a handful of mozzarella cheese, ricotta and Parmesan cheese. Keep making the layers in this manner until you have 4 layers. Sprinkle Italian seasoning, and spray with oil.
- Now add 1/4 cup of water all around the edges of the baking pan. Cover with aluminum foil.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 25 minutes covered and for 10 minutes uncovered.
- Rest the lasagna for 15 minutes before serving.
- You may boil the lasagna sheets in salted boiling water for 5 to 7 minutes if you prefer.
- The meat sauce is left watery so that it will cook the lasagna sheets in the process. 1/4 cup water is added towards the end, so that it can help create steam to cook the lasagna sheets.