Keema Aloo is one of the most staple dishes in any south Asian home, its ground meat of choice beef/chicken/lamb and potatoes cooked in a tomato based gravy with minimal spices easily available at home. It is very versatile and can be enjoyed with naan/roti or rice. In my family it was a must have for Suhoor time in Ramadan because it has protein, starch and cooked in minimal spices which does not cause heart burn and keeps a person full. I hope you enjoy this simple recipe and add it to your Ramadan menu list. If you enjoy my recipes please don’t forget to leave a comment!
Keema AlooCourse: Italian
Ground beef and potatoes cooked in a tomato based gravy and spices.
1 Lb Ground Beef
1 Large Onion Finely Chopped
2 Medium Tomatoes Chopped
2 Medium Potatoes in 8 pcs each
1 Tbsp Tomato Paste (optional)
1 Tbsp Ginger Garlic Paste
3/4 Tsp Paprika
1 Tsp Cayenne Pepper
1/4 Tsp Turmeric
1/2 Tsp Garam Masala
2 Tsp Roasted Cumin & Coriander Powder
1/2 Tsp Whole Cumin Seeds
Cilantro for Garnish
2 Green Chilies for garnish
Salt To Taste
1/4 Cup Oil
1/4 cup Water
- In a wok heat oil, to this add sliced onion and fry until softened and golden.
- To this add ground beef, ginger garlic paste and spices, fry everything together and start breaking the meat.
- Now add potatoes and toss them with the meat and spices.
- Add the tomatoes and tomato paste, mix well and lower the heat.
- Add a little water if need be and cook for 15 minutes covered or until the potatoes have softened.
- Turn off the flame and garnish with cilantro and green chili.
- Serve hot with Rice or Naan. Enjoy!!