Box patties are a Ramadan staple in our family, a delicious creamy chicken filling tossed with stir fried veggies is wrapped in the spring roll wrappers and shaped like a box. Once deep fried, they turn crispy golden. Usually served with ketchup, they are a crowd pleaser for sure. It’s not very difficult to wrap them once you get a hang of it. This recipe conveniently uses the Multi purpose chicken https://flavoredbyfatima.com/2020/02/21/all-purpose-chicken/ which makes it a breeze to make them. Below i will share steps on how to wrap them.
This is a super easy technique once you get a hang of it. I hope you like this recipe and try it at home! Please don’t forget to follow me on my instagram for everyday inspiration.
Box PattiesCourse: AppetizersCuisine: Pakistani, FusionDifficulty: Easy
Spring roll pastry filled with a delicious creamy filling, shaped into a box.
1 cup Multi purpose chicken
1/4 cup shredded cabbage
1/4 cup shredded carrots
1/2 green bell pepper thinly sliced
1/2 tsp black pepper
1/4 tsp crushed red pepper
1/2 tsp salt
1/8 tsp sugar
1/4 tsp soy sauce
1 green onion sliced
1/2 cup white sauce
1 tbsp oil
Spring roll covers
1 cup oil for deep frying.
- White Sauce
2 tbsp butter
1 1/2 tbsp All purpose flour
1/2 cup milk
Salt to taste
- In a skillet heat oil, to this add cabbage, carrots and bell peppers, seasonings and soy sauce. Quickly stir fry on high heat for around 1 minute.
- Remove and set aside.
- To this add the multi purpose chicken, spring onion and white sauce. Mix well and the filling is ready.
- Cut the spring roll pastry in 3 long strips, separate the pastry and place them in a crisscross shape. Place 1 tbsp filling in the center and fold the pastry until it resembles the shape of a box.
- Deep fry until golden and enjoy with your favorite condiments.
- This recipe yields 20 box patties.
- White Sauce
- In a sauce pan heat butter until melted, to this add the all purpose flour and whisk continuously until fragrant and there are no lumps.
- Add the milk and continue whisking until smooth. Lower the flame and let it simmer for around 3 mins until the sauce thickens.
- Turn off the flame, season with salt and set aside until room temperature.