This is my favorite all purpose chicken recipe. My mother passed this recipe to me and we have been using this chicken in our recipes for decades. Make a big batch of this chicken and put it in freezer bags for meal prep. It can be made on the stove top or the instant pot.
Use it in multiple recipes, for example: chicken mayo and cucumber sandwiches, jalapeño popper samosas, egg rolls, potato chicken cutlets, chicken and cheese balls, chicken bread, box patties and croquettes.
Multi Purpose ChickenCourse: Appetizers, Meal prep, multi purpose chicken
Multi use chicken for meal prepping and use for appetizers.
All Purpose Chicken
1 LB Chicken breast
1/2 Tsp Ginger paste
1/2 Tsp Garlic paste
1 Tbsp Worcestershire sauce or Soy Sauce
1⁄2 Tsp Black pepper
1⁄4 Tsp Chili flakes
Salt to taste
- In a pot add all the ingredients, do not add any water.
- Place the pot on a medium high flame and let the chicken release its natural juices. Add 1/4 cup of water and let the chicken cook until tender.
- When the water dries completely, remove it from the flame and let it cool down before you shred it.
- You can use this chicken in multiple applications.
- Combine all the ingredients and put it in the instant pot and cook it on the pressure setting for 15 mins with a splash of water. Once the pressure releases naturally, if there is any liquid left, turn on the sauté setting and burn it off.