In todays day and age everyone struggles with energy every now and then. Here I have created healthy energy bites that consist of dates, figs, nuts and seeds. You can substitute any nuts or add more to suit your preference. These are amazing for kids with the right amount of fats and natural sugar for a boost of energy. Enjoy with a cold glass of milk!!
Dates and figs are high in antioxidants in addition to fiber and help control blood sugar, flaxseeds help lower blood pressure and cholesterol and nuts provide the right amount of fats to give energy that lasts. I hope you guys give these energy bites a try. Please don’t forget to like, comment and share with family and friends.
Date & Fig Energy BitesCourse: SnacksCuisine: Mediterranean
5 Tbsp Ground almonds
5 Tbsp Ground pistachio
1 Tbsp Ground Flaxseeds
5 Tbsp Unsweetened Shredded coconut powder
cup Unsweetened shredded coconut powder For rolling
2 Tbsp Almond butter
Melted dark chocolate for garnish
Ground pistachio for garnish
- In a food processor pulse all the ingredients to combine.
- On a work surface with your hands roll the ingredients in a log shape.
- Now cut the long in as many pieces as you desire. Shape them however you like.
- Roll the bites in shredded coconut. Garnish with melted dark chocolate and ground pistachio.
- Enjoy with a cold glass of milk!!