Honestly growing up in Pakistan and having access to the worlds most delicious mangoes it was very difficult to bring myself to like the mangoes available in North America. However, in the past few years I have noticed the mangoes being brought into the country have become more flavorful.
This mango ice cream is creamy and satisfying. The combination of fresh mangoes and mango pulp gives it both sweet and tart which I honestly really enjoy in fresh ice cream.
10 hrs 15 mins
Fresh Mango Ice CreamCourse: Dessert
2 cups heavy cream chilled
1 cup mango pulp
1⁄2 cup fresh mangos chopped
1⁄2 cup condensed milk
1⁄4 tsp salt
6 drops yellow food color optional
- In a bowl mix the chopped mango, mango pulp, condensed milk and salt. At this point you can add the yellow food color if you want. Set aside.
- In a chilled mixing bowl, add 2 cups of chilled heavy cream and whip it until soft peaks form.
- Slowly fold the mango mixture in the whipped cream.
- Now transfer the mango cream in an airtight container, cover it with plastic wrap and close the container.
- Freeze overnight for best results