Baked MostaccioliCourse: Main CourseCuisine: ItalianDifficulty: Easy
Hearty pasta dish tossed in a delicious meat sauce and baked with cheese.
1/2 Pkg Penne Pasta (1/2 lb)
1 Cup Mozzarella
Fresh Parsley Chopped for Garnish
Parmesan Cheese for Garnish
1 tbsp olive oil
1 tbsp butter
pinch of italian seasoning for garnish
- Meat Sauce
1 Jar Marinara Sauce (Prego Traditional)
1 lb ground beef
2 cloves of garlic minced
1 medium onion chopped
Salt to taste
1/2 tsp black pepper
1 tbsp wostershire sauce
1/2 tsp crushed red pepper
1 tsp italian seasoning
1/2 tsp paprika powder
1/2 cup water
2 tbsp oil
- Meat Sauce
- In a pot heat oil, to this add onion and garlic and sauté for a few minutes. Now add the ground beef and brown the meat for a couple of minutes.
- Season the meat with salt, pepper, crushed pepper, wostershire sauce, paprika and Italian seasoning. Mix well and cook for a few minutes.
- Now add the entire jar of sauce to the meat mixture, mix well and simmer on medium for a few minutes.
- Add 1/2 cup of water, mix and simmer on low for 15 minutes.
- Reserve 1/2 sauce for later use.
- Boil Penne Pasta according to pkg directions. The Pasta should be Al Dente.
- In a skillet heat olive oil and butter, to this add 1 and 1/2 cup of meat sauce.
- Add the boiled pasta to the meat sauce and mix well.
- Transfer the pasta into a baking dish, sprinkle with mozzarella cheese, spray it with oil. Bake at 400 degrees for 15 minutes or until the cheese is hot, bubble and golden. Garnish with fresh Parsley and Parmesan Cheese and dried Italian seasoning.
- Serve hot with a side salad and bread. Enjoy!!
- You may cook the Mostaccioli on the stove top as well if you don’t have an oven. Sprinkle mozzarella cheese and cover the skillet, cook on low heat for 5 mins until the cheese melts. Garnish as directed.
- Save pasta water as a precaution, it can be added to the pasta if the sauce gets too thick.\
- Freeze the remaining meat sauce for later use.