Chicken Cheese balls are a childhood Ramadan favorite, Ramadan is just not complete until I don’t make these at least 3 to 4 times and now it’s also my kids favorite. Potato, chicken and cheese balls are deep fried golden and crispy, once you break them open delicious gooey cheese oozes out and is there anything better than that!! The trick to making your breading super thick so it doesn’t separate in the oil is to make sure you stick the cheese balls in the freezer for at least 30 minutes before frying them. The coating becomes firm and adheres to the cheeseballs better and there is a nice thick crumb coating on the outside when its deep fried. This recipe conveniently uses the Multi Purpose Chicken https://flavoredbyfatima.com/2020/02/21/all-purpose-chicken/ which makes it a breeze to make them.
I hope you enjoy this recipe, don’t forget to follow me on instagram for more everyday meal inspiration.
Chicken Cheese BallsCourse: AppetizersCuisine: AmericanDifficulty: Easy
Potato, Chicken and Cheese balls deep fried until golden and crispy.
1 cup multi purpose chicken ( recipe in the description above)
4 large potatoes boiled and mashed
1 cup cheddar jack cheese (may substitute)
3/4 tsp black pepper
1 1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp crushed red pepper
1 cup bread crumbs
1 cup oil for deep trying
- In a bowl combine multi purpose chicken, boiled mashed potatoes, cheese and seasonings.
- Roll the mixture into bite sized balls.
- Bread the balls by dipping them in whisked eggs and rolling them in bread crumbs.
- Freeze the balls for 30 mins so the coating has time to stick.
- Heat oil and deep fry the cheese balls until golden and crispy.
- Enjoy with your favorite condiments!