Shrimp fajitas are perfect for a low carb lifestyle. Fresh
Shrimp FajitasCourse: Main courseCuisine: MexicanDifficulty: Easy
Delicious shrimp cooked in a homemade fajita seasoning and tossed with onions and peppers.
- Homemade Fajita Seasoning
6 tbsp Paprika
2 tbsp Cayenne pepper
3 tbsp Garlic powder
3 tbsp Onion powder
1 1/2 tbsp Roasted cumin powder
1 1/2 tbsp Roasted coriander powder
2 tbsp Black pepper powder
3 tbsp Mexican Dry Oregano (may substitute for regular oregano)
1 Lb Shrimp (deveined and without tail)
1 Small onion sliced thick
1 Small bell pepper sliced thick (any color)
1 tbsp worcestershire sauce
1 tbsp lime juice
1 1/2 tbsp house blend fajita seasoning
1 1/2 tsp Salt (or to taste)
2 tbsp Oil
1 tbsp chopped parsley
1 green onion finely sliced
- To Serve
8 Corn tortillas
Avocado Jalapeno Crema
1 lime cut in wedges
4 radish sliced
- Fajita Seasoning
- Mix all the spices and store in an airtight glass jar for future use.
- In a skillet heat 1 tbsp oil, to this add the sliced onion and bell peppers.
- Season with 1/4 tsp salt on the veggies and cook on high heat for 30 seconds, remove from the skillet and put them on a plate.
- Add an additional tbsp of oil in the skillet, add the shrimp and season with salt and 2 tbsp of fajita seasoning, lemon juice and worcestershire sauce on both sides.
- Cook the shrimp for about 2 minutes on each side and add the onions and bell peppers back in the skillet.
- Heat for around 30 seconds, garnish with cilantro and green onions.
- To Serve
- Warm up the tortillas, spread the avocado jalapeno crema, add the shrimp fajitas, corjita cheese, garnish with cilantro, radish and a squirt of lime juice.