When I asked Mandy to collaborate with me and we were trying to figure out which dish to cook from each other’s blog, i came across this beautiful one pan chicken in a mushroom and tarragon sauce. I knew immediately I had to make it because I love mushrooms. Also, because who doesn’t love chicken in a beautiful rich cream sauce with garlic and onions and since it is a one pan dish, and you can’t go wrong with that!! I love and admire Mandy’s blog and instagram feed so much because its such a well rounded feed, you can find dishes from all over the world, with spice levels that suit every tastebud and she does it beautifully by incorporating her personal touches. Please don’t forget to checkout her feed and her blog for more beautiful dishes and follow her to see what more amazing dishes she has to offer.
I have made a few changes to her recipe to suit my family’s palate, and replaced tarragon with thyme due to unavailability. If you have tarragon by all means please use that!
Serve it with a salad and bread and you have yourself a hearty meal!! Please don’t forget to subscribe to my blog, follow me on my instagram https://www.instagram.com/flavoredbyfatima/ and subscribe to my youtube https://www.youtube.com/user/fmaniya
Mandy’s Chicken In a Creamy Mushroom SauceCourse: ItalianCuisine: Italian American
4 Pcs Chicken Things Bone-in and skin on
1⁄2 Cup Heavy cream
1⁄4 Cup Sliced mushrooms
1 Medium Onion diced
2 Tbsp Minced garlic
1 Tbsp Dijon mustard Substitute regular mustard
1 Tbsp Chopped Tarragon Substitute thyme
1 Tbsp Capers
1 Tsp Chicken bullion
1 Tsp Wostershire sauce
2 Tsp Black pepper
Salt to taste
1⁄4 Cup Water
2 Tbsp Oil
- Preheat the oven at 375 degrees.
- Season the chicken things with salt to taste and 1 tsp pepper on both sides.
- In in a cast iron skillet heat the oil and brown the chicken on both sides for 2-3 minutes. Remove and set aside.
- In the same skillet add the diced onion and sauté until translucent. Now add the garlic and cook just until fragrant.
- Add the mushrooms and cook until softened.
- Add the capers, wostershire sauce and the thyme.
- Turn off the flame and add the cream. Stir the sauce, add the mustard, the bullion powder, season with salt, pepper and mix well.
- Turn on the heat and let it come to a light simmer. Now add the chicken back into the sauce skin side up. Add the water around the edges and slightly think out the sauce.
- Transfer the chicken into the oven and cook for an additional 20-25 mins uncovered until the chicken is cooked thru.
- Serve it hot with a side salad and bread. Enjoy!!